Thursday, August 05, 2004

BLOG: 00003

DOOM 3

Well, Whoop-Dee-Do!

I'm sorry but I fail to get the least bit excited about this, the first two were rather bland and I still can't see why people like them. Adding a 2nd sequel years after the first is not the least bit interesting.

Sure the engine looks rather nice, as each new id game does but I just cant be bothered turning alien demon things to gibs.

--

I suppose I should explain some more.

The first FPx game I played was "Eye of the beholder II", it used a step-grid based system but gave me the first look at a "3d" game. (Yes I know its a different genre!).
Anyway It just made me like the RPG format more.

The next one was "System Shock" (CD edition with all the extra bits) bloody sweet thing it was, it even had the ability of +MLOOK and overhanging bridges. this shat all over Doom for me - It made it look like Wolfenstine3d but with a red hue.

Years passed and after struggeling a few times to join the crowd I gave up on it.

This is not to say I dislike FPS games, Half-Life ruled and I'm now playing UT2K4 somewhat since EB had a sale on which made it affordable. Nor do I Dislike id: COmmander Keen was brilliant and the Quake series bood for a quick 10 minutes at lunch.

Its just that - - - - Doom 3 does nothing the leasat bit to cause any interest. I can understant that for those who liked the origional you'll jump up and get doom3 asap. But the resy of you? Come on you just want to be 'cool'


Anyway.................

HL2 should be out soon!

WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO !!!!!!!!!!! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home