Friday, May 20, 2005

BLOG: 00071

FRIDAY: DAY 20 of MAY

So, i'm watching Stargate-SG1 and I come to an episode that once irked me badly.

Series 4 Episode 12: Tangent

You know, the one where O'Niell and Teal'C are in the 301-spacecraft and need to be rescued?
Part of the episode involves human exposure to the vacume of space.

I had allways thought you would have a grape-in-the-microwave effect or grape-squeezed-in-fingers effect.

but...


NO!


You can actualy survive, if you believe NASA :)

15 seconds without permanent injury
30 seconds risking injury
31-60 seconds Ugh.kkkkkkk. bleah death

True, the intense heat or cold, solar radiation, change in pressure and mini-sized rocks, risk of the bends and a flurori of other conditions and effects are a worry, but after much google-ing. I am no longer bothered.

Actually something else botheres me.

One of the guys on the Audio Commentary track sounds like David X Cohen (a-la Futurama).....


Dah-Daa Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home