BLOG: 00110
Lurios' Reccomends ....
FooBar2000!
I recently decided to give this proggy a shot (@ v0.8.3), and I must say, Bloody cool thing it is.
I did look at it over a year ago and was fairly unimpressed, but with WMP10 struggeling with a playlist of around 2500 songs (can be increased 10x depending on my mood :P) I needed an alternative.
WINAMP IS UTTER SHIT AND ALLWAYS HAS BEEN !
Yeah, you heard me. I hate that bastard of a media player.
So, I follow the nets reccomendations since te old faviourite DP2 doesn't let me have quad-output on the AC'97. Argh! And FooBar comes out as the one to go with.
Small, lite and with a lovely basic interface. Oh Baby! I've fallen for you.
So, to anyone who runs inbuilt AC'97 and has a 5.1 or higher speaker system, or anyone just fed up with how the rest of them work, take a look at this one.
----
I've now got a 6600GT !... 2716 3d-05 marks at AGP4x, And people running on a PCI-E with a faster system and lack of any program in the background get 3000-3100, unless their into the fine points and can push the thing really far. So I think I got a good deal on that. Whats 5fps anyway! I've been playing stuff at below minimum levels that this supposid slow spped looks fast to me :P
DX9 makes things look a little smoother, and some things have bumpmapping.
You know... This bumpmapping looks awful! Goodthing we have surface and displacement mapping tech that is starting to get there. But DX7? Yes its still good and DX9 is nothing major to talk about.
Sorry if you just purchased a QUAD-SLI system to get an extra few framerates, but thats the truth!
Hey! I can now play modern games!
I've been looking at X3, looks SWEEEEEEEEEET! Although It sounds like it s a X2 case and needs a good load of patching. Egosoft appear to be on the case though, so once this hits the shelves here i'll get a copy. That is, if the Rolling Demo is any good indication...
Oh CIV4 still looks and plays CRAP!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home